Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My sweet baby....

Gabbi has gotten so stinkin' smart!! I know, I know, all mom's think that their kid is the brightest, but Gabbi really is pretty smart! I think that it's completely amazing that at 2 1/2, she can already put together full sentences, and use lots of big/grown up words in context. (Which is not so good sometimes, when she learns something bad.)

She got mad at my little sister Alysia the other day, and told her "Don't you ever, ever do that again! Okay?" Or, when something isn't going her way, she'll say, "goodness, goodness, goodness." My two favorite things that she says right now are "I love you soooo much!" and "Thank you so much!" It just makes my heart melt!! She'll tell me "Mommy, you look so pretty!" or "You are gorgeous!" (I've trained her well!) This was sooo funny, but really embarrassing....we had some really nice customers come in to rent a storage room, and they had dreads and gold grillz (they kinda looked like Lil John!) Well, I had to go out to show them a storage room and I was working alone that day, and I had Gabbi with me. We were all walking out of the front door of the showroom, and Gabbi looked at me and said "Mama, they're scary!!" I wanted to die!! Luckily, they thought it was pretty funny too!! I was so embarrassed!

One of my other favorite thing though, is to hear her pray before bed. It's so funny to hear what she prays about! It usually starts out "Thank you God for....(mommy and daddy, lady and chloe), then things get funny....she ALWAYS thanks God for her hair bows (which I think is super cute), and for eat aka food, her toys, her friends (which she'll name), sometimes her teachers at school, her grandparents, and even my sister's boyfriend Jordan. (He really needs the prayers too, b/c he doesn't believe in God. Don't even get me started on that, It's a pretty sore subject!!)

I just needed to take a minute to brag!! Of course I think she's really great, she's my kid!

1 comment:

Myra D. said...

I think she's pretty smart, too, and not her mommy or even family! :)